DONINGTON HISTORIC FESTIVAL RESCHEDULED TO 2021 - CASTLE COMBE ANNOUNCE NEW DATE
Historic Promotions and MotorSport Vision say "it is with great regret" that they announce that the Donington Historic Festival will not now be taking place in 2020.
The next Donington Historic Festival will be held in 2021 - the Festival's 10th anniversary.
In a statement the organisers said: "When DHF 2020 was originally postponed from its May 1,2,3 dates due to COVID 19 restrictions, we hoped to be able to reschedule for later this year and have been working very hard ever since to try to make this happen. However, these remain extraordinary times and, as with modern motorsport, the international historic calendar has been thrown into disarray by the current circumstances. Consequently, it has simply not been possible to come up with a suitable date this year which would allow the fantastic line-up of historic race grids - which, with their cars and drivers from across the world form the backbone of the Festival - to take part.
"We know the cancellation of the 2020 event will be a great disappointment to so many people, as it is for us, and we thank you all for your understanding. The DHF team will now start planning for the Festival's 10th anniversary event in 2021, where we will look to celebrate our love of historic motorsport with both spectators and competitors. We can't wait to see and hear those fabulous classic racing machines in action round the sweeping Donington Park circuit once again.
"2020 ticket holders will be entitled to use their tickets for the 2021 Festival or to request a full refund and MSV will be contacting ticket holders over the coming weeks when their offices reopen."
Meanwhile Castle Combe circuit has announced that the date of Summer Action Festival has been changed to Saturday, 8 August, and will be running with some significant alterations in place
In a statement, the Chippenham, Wiltshire circuit said: "This slightly later date gives venue staff the chance to ensure this day is up to its usual high standards, while also enhancing its already-strict health and hygiene features, after an extended period of office closure over the spring.
"We appreciate everyone’s support and understand that these changes may not suit everybody, but at present this is the best way we can support the clubs and make a start on returning back to normal, with future events constantly being reviewed."
Alterations to the day include:
- Currently NO UNDER 16s are allowed on site.
- Only those displaying their cars can attend.
- There will be a maximum of ONE PASSENGER PER CAR, regardless of which ticket or pass you have purchased.
- There will be NO on-the-gate ticket sales, and we are currently freezing the sales of Club Passes/Advanced Admission Tickets.
- Track time is still available from our website for those attending. It will also be available on the day (subject to availability). We ask you to bring your own helmets and overalls as NO HELMET OR OVERALL HIRE will be available.
- Currently there is no drifting planned due to the crowding this encourages.