NAVESTOCK AUTOJUMBLE RESCHEDULES & KELSEY, BEAULIEU UPDATES
BARRY JONES HAS TODAY RESCHEDULED the return of his Navestock Autojumble and Beaulieu have pledged to update exhibitors on this September's International Autojumble "by the end of June".
Barry's Woodford Classic Events announced just a few days ago his intention to hold another Navestock Autojumble, outside the Village Hall, near Kelvedon Hatch, Essex, following the government's lifting of restrictions on outdoor markets from June 1.
Then Barry said: "I've managed to fit in a 'quicky' autojumble on June 21. It will all be outdoors on the car park; obviously we can't go inside.
"There will be lots of conditions and restrictions, and I have to be honest I've not yet digested all of them. One of them may be that customers may not be allowed to handle goods in the way that they're used to - I will be on the gate handing out free pairs of disposable gloves to visitors, which they will have to wear before they hand over any money, and we are going to request the useage of masks."
Barry added there may be a ceiling of 200 visitors "but we'll have to see - I'm sure plenty of people will be champing at the bit to get back!"
But now the council have stepped in and cancelled the event "due to health and safety requirements."
However, it has been rescheduled to Sunday, July 19 and Barry says he's confident that this Navestock date will go ahead as planned with things standing as they are. More details from Woodford Classic Events website - http://woodclass.com/ - or call Barry on 07968 080990.
Meanwhile Beaulieu has contacted exhibitors with an update on September's International Autojumble, an event that normally draws tens of thousands of enthusiasts from all over the world. Beaulieu says: "This year has been a difficult year for everyone so far, but it's wonderful to see us coming together and supporting the measures to help beat Covid-19 across the world.
"As you all know, we are just over three months away from the International Autojumble on 5th and 6th September; the biggest outdoor sale of motoring items this side of the Atlantic. We know many of you would like clarification on our events calendar, in particular the International Autojumble. We completely understand and acknowledge that you need to start confirming your plans, and as much as we would like to give you this clarification, we are currently not in a position to do so.
"In a world where things are changing rapidly on a day-to-day basis, it makes it very difficult for us to predict where we will be in the three months time. We as a business are adapting daily to new measures put in place to ensure the Beaulieu attraction is a safe place for our visitors, staff and volunteers to return to when we can reopen. We are expecting to receive imminently further guidance from the UK Government regarding the conditions under which we can fully reopen, and how this could affect the running of our events. As soon as this is available, we will communicate a decision directly to all exhibitors and ticket holders at the latest by the end of June.
"Thank you for your patience and understanding and we hope that you remain safe and well."
More information on https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/international-autojumble/
And Kelsey Media have published an update on their events calendar:
"Following further developments with the Coronavirus and the subsequent changes to the motorsport calendar in the UK, we have made further alterations to our own 2020 events calendar. The VolksWorld Show is scheduled to run over the weekend of the 3rd and 4th October at its traditional home of Sandown Park.
"On the 4th October, we will now be staging a Japfest-Trax double header event at Silverstone, bringing together the very best cars from the Japanese car scene as well as the wider modified car community, working with our sister brand Fast Car.
"Then on the 25th October, we’re delighted to announce that we will stage a rescheduled Ford Fair incorporating the Classic Ford Show. So the original Ford Fair, due to take place on Sunday 9th August, will now take place on the new date of the 25th October. By combining elements of the Classic Ford Show, we hope to bring the very best of the Ford scene at one iconic venue for what we hope will be a truly memorable live-action event.
"As ever, this is a continually evolving situation and we remain guided by government policy and advice from health officials. We would like to thank the support of our venue partners, our customers, clubs, traders and sponsors for their patience and understanding at this time.
"All existing bookings can be carried forward to be used at either of the new dates in 2020, or carried forward into 2021. We advise ticket holders to check our social media pages, website and their inbox for further updates in the coming weeks. We will of course continue to monitor developments in the weeks ahead. The safety of the public and our staff are our number one priority, and we will continue to be guided by the advice from public health bodies and the UK government."